CDIO Fall meeting 2012
The CDIO Fall meeting 2012
took place at Telecom Bretagne
in Brest (France) on October 23-25, 2012.
The meeting, with its 112 participants (19 countries represented), is over now. It seems that the vast majority of participants appreciate this meeting to foster the adoption of CDIO not only in France... but worldwide.
Thanks to all speakers and participants: it did. It was worth the trip!
SeeU at MIT/Harvard, CDIO intl conf., June 2013
The Conceive, Design, Implement & Operate Initiative (12 standards)
- The meeting was open to:
- CDIO leaders and collaborators, CDIO newcomers;
- French higher engineering institutions interested in discovering or perhaps joining the initiative in the next future:
- Deans of academic affairs and Directors, Associate Deans, or Directors of major programmes, from French Engineering Grandes Ecoles or Universities.
- This unique event in France provided opportunities:
- to hear representatives and expert educators from the CDIO initiative outline history and current strategies of the framework, and how they are affecting change in educational programs of HEIs;
- to identify transferable lessons from successful application of the CDIO standards and how to capitalise on them;
- to be aware of internal continuous improvement evaluation processes for QA, based on maturity levels and a systemic orientation;
- to understand the French Grande Ecole system and its duality with French Universities;
- to set up prospective collaborative projects in engineering education at an international level;
- to network with major CDIO collaborators for the first time in France;
- last, but not least, to (re)discover Brittany, the Telecom Bretagne campus, and its students in action.
A selection of international key speakers addressed engineering education, educational frameworks, quality assurance, as well as specifities of the Grandes Ecoles educational system in the French and EU context.