The first Conference on Cybersecurity of Industrial Control Systems
21st - 22nd September 2015, Vienna, Austria
The workshop is co-located with ESORICS 2015
This first edition of the CyberICS will be held in Vienna (Austria), the 21st-22nd of September of 2015, in conjunction with the 20th annual European research event in Computer Security (ESORICS 2015) symposium.
We invite researchers and practitioners from all countries working in cyber protection and cyber defense of Industrial Control Systems and related areas to participate in the event.
The First Cyber ICS workshop aims to address the increasing number of cyber threats that operators of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) have to face around the world. The workshop will bring together researchers, engineers and governmental actors with an interest in the security of industrial control systems in the context of their increasing exposure to cyber-space.
The workshop will focus on topics covering ICSs, including cyber protection and cyber defense of SCADA systems, plant control systems, engineering workstations, substation equipment, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and other industrial control system.
The Cyber ICS workshop invites submissions that present innovative ideas, proof of concepts, use cases, and results from a variety of topics relevant to ICS, including (but not limited to) the following ones:
- ICS Governance
- Security policies
- Risk analysis and management
- Vulnerability assessment and metrics
- Awareness, training and simulation
- New ICS security standards / updates in existing standards
- ICS System and Network Security
- Security architectures
- Access control in ICS systems
- Malware and cyber weapons
- Intrusion detection and visualisation
- Defense in depth
- Monitoring and real time supervision
- Applied cryptography
- Perimeter security
- Safety-security interactions
- Cyber security engineering
- Secure communication protocols
- Formal models for ICS security
- ICS Hardware Security
- Resilient Systems
- Application Security
- Secure Firmware
- ICS Response and Forensics
- Forensics in ICS
- Incident Response
- Digital Laws
- Case Studies
- The use cases of interests are broad, ranging from the energy, utility, chemical, transportation, manufacturing, and other industrial and critical infrastructure organizations.